FTNYS Home - YPA Professional Application
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Youth Peer Advocate Professional Credential. We hope you share our excitement about this very important milestone in the history of Youth Peer Support in New York State! We are so glad that you are a part of the YOUTH POWER! network.
Before you begin, we recommend you read the
Information for YPA Credential Applicants FAQ.
This will help you determine if you are eligible to apply and give you a
better understanding of the requirements and the process.
To complete the online YPA Professional Credential application you will need to download, fill out, and attach several documents. Below, we have provided you with the list of documents, including links for download where appropriate. These documents are also available for download within the application.
- Youth Peer Advocate Experience Verification Form
- Supervisor Reference Form
- Code of Ethics with signature page
You will also see instructions guiding you to upload documents into the application. Below are the documents you will need:
- YPA Training Certificate of Completion
- Valid Provisional Credential
- Current Resume which includes your positions as a Youth Peer Advocate
- Supervisor Letter of Recommendation